Thursday, April 25, 2013

Then and Now : A "weighty" issue....

Let me start by saying that "weight" can be such a controversial topic.  We teach our kids that eating the wrong foods and laziness leads to obesity.  I DETEST the word obesity!! If you don't fit into the medical mold, they label you NOT just obese (because that word isn't UGLY enough already) BUT now you're called MORBIDLY OBESE!!  Morbid, really??

Here is the medical definition of morbid : morbidity /mor·bid·i·ty/ (mor-bid´it-e). 1. a diseased condition or state.

So being fat is a disease?  Not everyone who is overweight is unhealthy! I weighed in at a whopping 300 pounds just 2 years ago and I was healthy.  I did not have diabetes, high blood pressure OR bad choloesterol.  These things MAY have happened in the future, had I not lost weight.  I MAY win the lottery if I buy a ticket.  I MAY get hit by a bus crossing the street.  One never knows, see what I'm saying?

I've had weight issues my entire life.  I'll be 38 in June.  2 years ago I begin losing the weight I had accumulated over 35 years.  I have lost 100 pounds to date.  Am I proud? Hell yes! I recommend everyone to get healthy.  I just really hate that young girls today put so much emphasis on the NUMBER on the scale, instead of how they feel. Not only do I blame tv, celebrities and the models in the mags basically calling you a fat ass if you wear over a size 6, but I blame the damn doctors who go by that damn guideline stating that if you're 5'6" you should weigh no more than 145 pounds (I'm exaggerating here).  I am 5'6" and I can tell you that if I weighed 145 pounds, I would look sickly. 

As it is now, I think my face is too thin.  I look a little guant at times.  I liked my chubbier, fuller face.  It was me.  I almost feel like a shell now.  Yes, it feels great to not wear a 4X anymore.  It feels fabulous that my husband now weighs more than me :-)
Do I have more energy?  Not really.  I think I'm more self conscious now than I was when I was heavier.  I wonder why that is? 

BEFORE, I was a social butterfly who was constantly out and about.  AFTER, I'm more of a homebody who social networks thru my computer.  You would think the scenerios would be reversed.  Maybe if I had lost the weight years ago it may be different. 

I would love to open this conversation up and dig deep.  I'll answer any questions to the best of my ability and I'll do so honestly.  If I wanted to hide, then I wouldn't blog. 

Here is a "before and after" pic.  See the difference in the face??

Believe me, I'm not complaining.  I'm grateful & proud.  I would love to help anyone out there with advice, an ear to listen or I can be your biggest cheerleader (no pun intended)....

Til next time....

❤xx BE






No comments:

Post a Comment