Monday, September 2, 2013

Did I really just do that?!

After 15 and a 1/2 years, almost to the day, I did something I had wanted to do many times over the last year... I resigned from my job. 

You know what? Best decision I had ever made in my life!! For the first time in years, I wake up anxiety free. That, in itself, tells me that I did the right the thing. 

Don't get me wrong, it's a scary thing to do. I spent from a Thursday evening until 6 a.m. Monday morning running all the scenarios thru my mind. I mean, I was throwing away almost 16 years!! I grew up there essentially. Many of my lifetime milestones happened while working there. 

To be honest, I cried that Thursday evening and I cried that Monday but that's it. No more years have been shed. This is a time for new beginnings. It's a time for me to figure out who I've become and what I want out of life. It's also been a time to reflect. I'm blessed to have had this opportunity to do so. 

If you have to do something 40+ hours a week, shouldn't you at least enjoy it? I miss 2 of my co - workers. We text often and I'm sure they'll be in my life for many years to come. I grateful for their friendships throughout the years :)

Oh... And that moment you KNEW you were right about your boss (of 8 months) being a Bitch... When you say you quit, after almost 16 years of loyalty and service, and the ONLY thing she has to say is - "We need your front door key back". 

;) Good Riddance and Hello new world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment