Tuesday, April 16, 2013

To go or not to go? That is the question!

I went to my 5 year ... I went to my 10 year ... I skipped out on my 15 ... And now it's time for the milestone ~~ My 20 year high school reunion is this year - WTF?!??! and when did I get this old??

I'm still debating on whether or not I will attend. Honestly, If it weren't for 'Myspace' (does anyone still use this??) "Twitter" & "Facebook", I wouldn't even know where these people are or what they're doing. Just because you're "friends" with someone on FB, does NOT mean you're friends in the true sense of the word! I believe that sometimes people confuse this invisible line. A Facebook friend does not always equal a Real-Life friend. Someone "liking" a status update or a picture doesn't necessarily make one a "friend". It could mean that they're being polite or that they're just nosy (like me) :-)

I loved high school. Is that weird?? I had a great high school experience. Good times and now, great memories. 20 years later & we are all really merely acquaintances. People we once knew. Or just someone we went to high school with.

I'm fortunate. I'm still best friends with my high school bestie <3 Believe you me, the Biotch knows toooooo much ;) UNFORTUNATELY (j/k) (or am I ;)?) smartie tart graduated a year early or she'd be going right along with me!! She's the one who gave me my nickname, Bessalina!

There are both pros and cons to attending this reunion. PRO ~ seeing people I genuinely want to see CON ~ seeing people I genuinely never want to see again PRO ~ showing off my 100 pound weight loss ( Hey, I can brag a bit ) CON ~ people asking me how many kids I have ( sensitive subject) , etc etc etc.

So as I end this bl<3g I still don't know of I'm going to bite the bullet and RSVP or if I'm going to sit & wait for the Facebook pics to start rolling in showcasing the wonderful evening, all the while laughing with my high school and lifelong best friend, Angelina.

Til next time...

❤xx BE







1 comment:

  1. I say go! You can always leave if it sucks, but what if you don't go and you miss a really good time.

    ReplyDelete